all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Fx_popup_dialog change breaks Windows build
@ 2005-05-24  7:25 Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2005-05-24  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

This change

2005-05-24  Nick Roberts  <nickrob@snap.net.nz>

        * xmenu.c (Fx_popup_dialog): Add a third boolean argument to
        select frame title ("Question"/"Information").
        (xdialog_show): Use it.

        * lisp.h: Fx_popup_dialog can have three arguments.

breaks Windows (and, I suppose, Mac) builds.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u

* Re: Fx_popup_dialog change breaks Windows build
@ 2005-05-24  7:56 ` Lute Kamstra
From: Lute Kamstra @ 2005-05-24  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

Juanma Barranquero <lekktu@gmail.com> writes:

> This change
>
> 2005-05-24  Nick Roberts  <nickrob@snap.net.nz>
>
>         * xmenu.c (Fx_popup_dialog): Add a third boolean argument to
>         select frame title ("Question"/"Information").
>         (xdialog_show): Use it.
>
>         * lisp.h: Fx_popup_dialog can have three arguments.
>
> breaks Windows (and, I suppose, Mac) builds.

GNU/Linux too.

Lute.

* Fx_popup_dialog change breaks Windows build
@ 2005-05-24  8:22 ` Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2005-05-24  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

 > 2005-05-24  Nick Roberts  <nickrob@snap.net.nz>
 >
 >         * xmenu.c (Fx_popup_dialog): Add a third boolean argument to
 >         select frame title ("Question"/"Information").
 >         (xdialog_show): Use it.
 >
 >         * lisp.h: Fx_popup_dialog can have three arguments.

I forgot to change w32menu.c and macmenu.c too. I'll do that now.

Nick

* Re: Fx_popup_dialog change breaks Windows build
@ 2005-05-24  8:49   ` Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2005-05-24  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Juanma Barranquero, emacs-devel

Lute Kamstra writes:
 > Juanma Barranquero <lekktu@gmail.com> writes:
 >
 > > This change
 > >
 > > 2005-05-24  Nick Roberts  <nickrob@snap.net.nz>
 > >
 > >         * xmenu.c (Fx_popup_dialog): Add a third boolean argument to
 > >         select frame title ("Question"/"Information").
 > >         (xdialog_show): Use it.
 > >
 > >         * lisp.h: Fx_popup_dialog can have three arguments.
 > >
 > > breaks Windows (and, I suppose, Mac) builds.
 >
 > GNU/Linux too.

How?

Nick

* Fx_popup_dialog change breaks Windows build
@ 2005-05-24  8:57 ` Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2005-05-24  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

 > This change
 >
 > 2005-05-24  Nick Roberts  <nickrob@snap.net.nz>
 >
 >         * xmenu.c (Fx_popup_dialog): Add a third boolean argument to
 >         select frame title ("Question"/"Information").
 >         (xdialog_show): Use it.
 >
 >         * lisp.h: Fx_popup_dialog can have three arguments.
 >
 > breaks Windows (and, I suppose, Mac) builds.

I think I've fixed it now. If it does build, can you try the following
optimistic tests:

(message-box "It works!")

(let ((use-dialog-box t) (last-nonmenu-event nil))
     (yes-or-no-p "Does it work?"))

The first should have "Information" as it frame title (was "Question")
and the second should have "Question", as before.

Thanks

Nick

* Re: Fx_popup_dialog change breaks Windows build
@ 2005-05-24  9:08   ` Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2005-05-24  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> The first should have "Information" as it frame title (was "Question")
> and the second should have "Question", as before.

None of them have a frame title. They're borderless little white
windows with the text in bold font, a separator (a line), and the
buttons as simple text lines. See the attached image (the thick black
"border" is just the window in the background, white text on black and
empty).

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u

[-- Attachment #2: Dialog.PNG --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 925 bytes --]

* Re: Fx_popup_dialog change breaks Windows build
@ 2005-05-24  9:23     ` Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2005-05-24  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

 > None of them have a frame title. They're borderless little white
 > windows with the text in bold font, a separator (a line), and the
 > buttons as simple text lines. See the attached image (the thick black
 > "border" is just the window in the background, white text on black and
 > empty).

Just to be clear. Before I `fixed' things, did your example display "Question"
as its frame title? i.e have I broken it or did it never work?

Nick

* Re: Fx_popup_dialog change breaks Windows build
@ 2005-05-24  9:38       ` Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2005-05-24  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-devel

> Just to be clear. Before I `fixed' things, did your example display "Question"
> as its frame title? i.e have I broken it or did it never work?

I think they never had a frame. At least, that's what happens on a
MinGW build from yesterday that I have on the hard disk.

If it's really important I can try to build without your changes.

--

@ 2005-05-24  9:49     ` Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2005-05-24  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Nick Roberts, emacs-devel

Juanma Barranquero <lekktu@gmail.com> writes:

>> The first should have "Information" as it frame title (was "Question")
>> and the second should have "Question", as before.
>
> None of them have a frame title. They're borderless little white
> windows with the text in bold font, a separator (a line), and the
> buttons as simple text lines. See the attached image (the thick black
> "border" is just the window in the background, white text on black and
> empty).

Are they menus? On platforms where dialog support is not written,
Emacs uses menus instead.

* Re: Fx_popup_dialog change breaks Windows build
@ 2005-05-24 10:32       ` Juanma Barranquero
From: Juanma Barranquero @ 2005-05-24 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Are they menus? On platforms where dialog support is not written,
> Emacs uses menus instead.

Yes, I think so. (I never ever use menus.)

--

@ 2005-05-24 17:17     ` Lute Kamstra
From: Lute Kamstra @ 2005-05-24 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Juanma Barranquero, emacs-devel

Nick Roberts <nickrob@snap.net.nz> writes:

> Lute Kamstra writes:
>  > Juanma Barranquero <lekktu@gmail.com> writes:
>  >
>  > > This change
>  > >
>  > > 2005-05-24  Nick Roberts  <nickrob@snap.net.nz>
>  > >
>  > >         * xmenu.c (Fx_popup_dialog): Add a third boolean argument to
>  > >         select frame title ("Question"/"Information").
>  > >         (xdialog_show): Use it.
>  > >
>  > >         * lisp.h: Fx_popup_dialog can have three arguments.
>  > >
>  > > breaks Windows (and, I suppose, Mac) builds.
>  >
>  > GNU/Linux too.
>
> How?

Bootstrapping failed during the compilation of fns.c:

gcc -c -D_BSD_SOURCE   -Demacs -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DUSE_LUCID  -I. -I/soft/careful/emacs/src -D_BSD_SOURCE -I/usr/X11R6/include -g -O2 fns.c
fns.c: In function `Fy_or_n_p':
fns.c:3279: error: too few arguments to function `Fx_popup_dialog'
fns.c: In function `Fyes_or_no_p':
fns.c:3411: error: too few arguments to function `Fx_popup_dialog'
make[1]: *** [fns.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/soft/careful/emacs/src'
make: *** [bootstrap-build] Error 2

Since your recent change to fns.c, bootstrapping works again.

Lute.