Finally, I found the problem.  Something in Emacs changed and now an Autohotkey script that I use to emulate Germanwords is in conflict with Emacs. It was difficult to find because the script works in previous Emacsversions and all other applications. So, I need to change the logic to the new conditions of Emacs 25. Thank you for your help, Levis On Friday, September 23, 2016 3:23 PM, Mambo Levis wrote: Searching for a solution of the super and hyper keys problem, I found that even though the superis not working as prefix, the use of Shift + s is interpreted as super, for example: Shift + super + a is interpreted as s-aShift + super + z in interpreted as s-zShift + super + d in interpreted as s-d and so on... Maybe you have experience with something similar. My definitely solutionwill be eliminating the use of super and hyper in my configuration. But I would like tolisten first some final comments/recommendations for you.  Thanks On Friday, September 23, 2016 3:53 AM, Mambo Levis wrote: Levis>> can you please tell me what is the value of this variable in your emacs? C-h v system-configuration-options Am 21.09.2016 um 21:10 schrieb Eli Zaretskii : >> Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 18:43:08 +0000 (UTC) >> From: Mambo Levis >> Cc: "robert-emacs@cochranmail.com" , >>    "24453@debbugs.gnu.org" <24453@debbugs.gnu.org> >> >> Which probably means you have some local system customizations >> (outside of Emacs) that affect this. >> >> Levis >>> The point is that super key works if I use the master brach of emacs. For example I am testing >> the master branch at this moment: >> >> Let me first I show you emacs version: >> GNU Emacs 25.1.50.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32) >> >> Then the tests: >> s-a is undefined >> s-b is undefined >> s-c in undefined >> etc >> All of them work. Why the master work and the official release not? > > The master branch has some code that hooks the keyboard at a lower > level, so it is able to intercept these keys.