Hello, Since Emacs 28 I have a new problem with Arabic fonts. 1. I can't change the Arabic characters to the font of DejaVu Sans Mono (or others). This wasn't a problem before. 2. The old one: As you can see the glyphs aren't correct, the '-' after س is not correctly placed. It's in the place of the glyph of س. Sometimes I have the opposite problem: gaps between the characters. It depends usually of 'text-scale-adjust', if I change the scale the problem can disappear. (Of course I started Emacs with the '-Q' option.) Attachment: To see the difference: a screenshot in Word/LibreOffice Writer: In LibreOffice: 1. The font is correct (also for the Arabic characters) 2. The '-' is at the correct place Can Harfbuzz be a problem? In the older emacs version (maybe 3 or 4 years ago?) I never had these problems. Kind regards Frank