all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: Setting ispell-local-dictionary using file contents
       [not found] <mailman.1716.1082991396.1061.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2004-04-26 15:32 ` Jesper Harder
From: Jesper Harder @ 2004-04-26 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Luis O. Silva" <l.o.silva@mail.ru> writes:

> I'm planning to use the contents of a file to set the
> ispell-local-dictionary variable. I'm not sure where to begin
> from or whether this have been done before,

See <http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?GuessLang> and the links
on that page.

--
Jesper Harder                                <http://purl.org/harder/>

* Setting ispell-local-dictionary using file contents
@ 2004-04-26 15:48 Luis O. Silva
From: Luis O. Silva @ 2004-04-26 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Emacs community,

I'm planning to use the contents of a file to set the
ispell-local-dictionary variable. I'm not sure where to begin
from or whether this have been done before, but I'm thinking
of a function like the following:

1. Begin a search process to find some keywords

2. If this keywords are in language x (i.e. they're the
   x-keywords), set the ispell-local-dictionary variable to x.

3. Begin the spell checking process.

I think the words in a file completely determine what ispell
dictionary must be used.  Obviously, something like:

;;; ispell-local-dictionary: x

is redundant information.

Does anyone know if this has been done? Is there some hint to
help me in attaining this goal?

Thank you very much in advance.
luis

@ 2004-04-26 16:20 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2004-04-26 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Apr 26 2004, Luis O. Silva wrote:

> I'm planning to use the contents of a file to set the
> ispell-local-dictionary variable.

There's Colin Marquardt's `auto-lang.el'
<URL:http://www.marquardt-home.de/auto-lang.el>, see also
<URL:http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?AutoLangMode>.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Setting ispell-local-dictionary using file contents
@ 2004-04-27 16:43   ` Luis O. Silva
From: Luis O. Silva @ 2004-04-27 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Reiner,

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:20:53 +0200, Reiner Steib writes:

   R> On Mon, Apr 26 2004, Luis O. Silva wrote:
   >> I'm planning to use the contents of a file to set the
   >> ispell-local-dictionary variable.

   R> There's Colin Marquardt's `auto-lang.el'
   R> <URL:http://www.marquardt-home.de/auto-lang.el>, see
   R> also
   R> <URL:http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?AutoLangMode>.

Thank you for the information. This is a very useful
package. I'm testing this now, but, so far, I prefer the
modularity of guess-lang.el recomended by Jesper.

Thanks,
luis

* Re: Setting ispell-local-dictionary using file contents
@ 2004-04-27 16:44   ` Luis O. Silva
From: Luis O. Silva @ 2004-04-27 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jesper,

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 17:32:10 +0200, Jesper Harder writes:

    >  "Luis O. Silva" <l.o.silva@mail.ru> writes:
    >> I'm planning to use the contents of a file to set the
    >> ispell-local-dictionary variable. I'm not sure where to
    >> begin from or whether this have been done before,

    > See <http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?GuessLang>
    > and the links on that page.

Thanks for the information. Many things that one can imagine
have already been done in Emacs.

Regards,
luis