all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Defining a new prefix key chord
@ 2004-04-26 15:47 Luis O. Silva
From: Luis O. Silva @ 2004-04-26 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Emacs community,

I'd like to know how to define a new prefix key similar to the
"\C-c" or "\C-x". I want to use "\s-l" as a prefix key (where
`\s' is super) and I'll be very grateful if you give me any
information for doing this globally and for a specific mode.

I can bind commands to key chords with super using [?\s-s], but
I have already few keys unbounded.I've also choice a prefix of
the form "\s-l" for mnemonic reasons.

Thank you very much in advance.
luis

* Re: Defining a new prefix key chord
       [not found] <mailman.1715.1082991376.1061.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2004-04-27 14:31 ` Alan Mackenzie
From: Alan Mackenzie @ 2004-04-27 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Luis O. Silva <l.o.silva@mail.ru> wrote on Mon, 26 Apr 2004 09:47:42
-0600:
> Dear Emacs community,

> I'd like to know how to define a new prefix key similar to the
> "\C-c" or "\C-x". I want to use "\s-l" as a prefix key (where
> `\s' is super) and I'll be very grateful if you give me any
> information for doing this globally and for a specific mode.

You don't need to do anything special.  Just bind a key sequence which
starts with "\s-l", and Emacs will create all the necessary intermediate
keymaps.  For example,

(global-set-key [?\s-l ?r] 'revert-buffer)

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)
Email: aacm@muuc.dee; to decode, wherever there is a repeated letter

* Re: Defining a new prefix key chord
@ 2004-04-28 18:14   ` Luis O. Silva
From: Luis O. Silva @ 2004-04-28 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Alan,

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:31:08 +0000, Alan Mackenzie writes:

    > You don't need to do anything special.  Just bind a key
    > sequence which starts with "\s-l", and Emacs will create
    > all the necessary intermediate keymaps.  For example,

    > (global-set-key [?\s-l ?r] 'revert-buffer)

Thank you. That was what I wanted.

Regards,
luis