all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Nick Roberts <nick@nick.uklinux.net>
Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: gdb-ui & Mac OS X...
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 18:53:26 +0000	[thread overview]

> I've been trying to get gdb-ui working with the CVS version of emacs
> under Mac OS X 10.3.2.  There are a couple of issues I'm experiencing,
> and was wondering if it's a setup problem on my end or a bug in
> gdb-ui.  Here's what I'm doing.

> 1. I have a tiny test program in the active buffer, and I do M-x gdba.

> 2. I run gdba (like this) with the default, which is "gdb -annotate=3
>    a.out".

Thats right, or you can just use M-x gdb with the current version in CVS.

> 3. This gives me multiple errors into the *Messages* buffer.  Namely:

> error in process filter: gdb-pre-prompt: Phase error in gdb-pre-prompt
> (got pre-emacs) error in process filter: Phase error in gdb-pre-prompt
> (got pre-emacs)

This shouldn't happen. Something has clearly gone wrong. It may be that
your version of gdb isn't generating a full set of annotations. If you
type "gdb -ann=3 a.out" in an xterm you should get something like:

GNU gdb 5.2.1-2mdk (Mandrake Linux)
This GDB was configured as "i586-mandrake-linux-gnu"...
^Z^Zbreakpoints-invalid

^Z^Zframes-invalid

^Z^Zpre-prompt
(gdb)
^Z^Zprompt

The ^Z characters might be printed differently but you need the pre-prompt and
prompt annotations. What do you get?

Please post any reply to me and cc to emacs-pretest-bug@gnu.org

    Nick                                         http://www.nick.uklinux.net