all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Is there a JavaScript mode for Emacs?
@ 2003-09-24 19:52 Robert Pollard
       [not found] ` <mailman.668.1064438513.21628.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Robert Pollard @ 2003-09-24 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks,

Robert Pollard

* Re: Is there a JavaScript mode for Emacs?
@ 2003-09-24 21:19 ` Dan Anderson
       [not found] ` <mailman.668.1064438513.21628.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Dan Anderson @ 2003-09-24 21:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Search Google:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=javascript+mode+emacs&btnG=Google+Search

Which returned:
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/help-emacs-windows/2002-01/msg00057.html

-Dan

@ 2003-09-25 21:16   ` Barman Brakjoller
From: Barman Brakjoller @ 2003-09-25 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/help-emacs-windows/2002-01/msg00057.html

Well, javascript-generic-mode might fontify the code ok, but I could
not get intending to work, I just get normal tab stops when I try.

I you are editing files with mainly javascript and not so much html,
the normal java-mode works ok for fontifying and indenting.

* Re: Is there a JavaScript mode for Emacs?
       [not found] <mailman.655.1064433178.21628.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-10-19 12:28 ` Michael Powe
From: Michael Powe @ 2003-10-19 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Robert> Thanks, Robert Pollard

yes but it only works for editing .js files.  there's no "mixed mode"
-- e.g., js + html -- editing functionality.  which isn't surprising,
really, but can be annoying sometimes.

mp

--
cat: /home/powem/.signature: No such file or directory

* Re: Is there a JavaScript mode for Emacs?
@ 2003-10-20  7:59   ` Gian Uberto Lauri
From: Gian Uberto Lauri @ 2003-10-20  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Robert> Thanks, Robert Pollard

MP> yes but it only works for editing .js files.  there's no "mixed mode"
MP> -- e.g., js + html -- editing functionality.  which isn't surprising,
MP> really, but can be annoying sometimes.

A little bit of hacking html-helper-mode could add switching to javascript
for client side scripting.

 /\            ___
/___/\__|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____________________
  //--\ | | \|  |   Integralista GNUslamico e fancazzista
\/

* Re: Is there a JavaScript mode for Emacs?
@ 2003-10-20 15:39   ` Joe Kelsey
From: Joe Kelsey @ 2003-10-20 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Powe <michael+gnus@trollope.org> wrote in message news:<bmu01i01sti@enews4.newsguy.com>...

>     Robert> Thanks, Robert Pollard
>
> yes but it only works for editing .js files.  there's no "mixed mode"
> -- e.g., js + html -- editing functionality.  which isn't surprising,
> really, but can be annoying sometimes.

mmm-mode provides support for "multi-mode" buffer editing, including
standard html+js mode support, treating js portions of html files as
c++-mode by default.

See http://mmm-mode.sourceforge.net/ for details.

/Joe