all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* JSP yet again
@ 2003-10-16 21:22 Kai Grossjohann
       [not found] ` <mailman.1849.1066375455.21628.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2003-10-16 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

I tried using mmm-mode for editing JSP files, but the indentation is
really weird.  (It doesn't work for top-level Java constructs, but
inside braces it works.  Doesn't work means that hitting TAB deletes
all whitespace at the beginning of the line.)

What do people suggest?

Should I try the CVS version of mmm-mode?
Should I try something else?
Does my problem have to do with the missing PSGML for editing the
HTML parts?

Kai

* JSP yet again
@ 2003-10-17  7:24 ` Gian Uberto Lauri
       [not found] ` <mailman.1849.1066375455.21628.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Gian Uberto Lauri @ 2003-10-17  7:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

KG> for editing JSP files

html-helper-mode  tries to  cope with  the intermixed  languages using
mode switching (and narrowingo to Java code).

Actually font-lock in the html state is broken (have to figure out
how to use the new multiline keyword feature in Emacs).

 /\            ___
/___/\__|_|\_|__|___Gian Uberto Lauri_____________________
  //--\ | | \|  |   Integralista GNUslamico e fancazzista
\/

* Re: JSP yet again
       [not found] ` <mailman.1849.1066375455.21628.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-10-17 15:49   ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2003-10-17 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

GianUberto.Lauri@eng.it (Gian Uberto Lauri) wrote in message news:<mailman.1849.1066375455.21628.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>...

> html-helper-mode  tries to  cope with  the intermixed  languages using
> mode switching (and narrowingo to Java code).

Cool!

However, indentation in the Java parts doesn't work: it only works for
statements that are inside curly braces, all other statements get sent
to the left margin.

Hm.  Maybe that's the way it's supposed to be?

But anyhow, I prefer indentation of lines between <%...%> markers.
How do I do this?

tia,
Kai

* Re: JSP yet again
@ 2003-10-20  7:44     ` Gian Uberto Lauri
From: Gian Uberto Lauri @ 2003-10-20  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

KG> GianUberto.Lauri@eng.it (Gian Uberto Lauri) wrote in message news:<mailman.1849.1066375455.21628.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>...
>> html-helper-mode  tries to  cope with  the intermixed  languages using
>> mode switching (and narrowingo to Java code).

KG> Cool!

KG> However, indentation in the Java parts doesn't work: it only works for
KG> statements that are inside curly braces, all other statements get sent
KG> to the left margin.

Uh, that's an open issue on the style you should use.

But for  sure the Java  modes do their  indentation working on  a Java
source structure and can't follow an HTML text (that they're not aware
of!).

                                                 Gian
                                        Friends will be friends
                                           right to the end!