all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* search and replacement at once in some buffers
@ 2002-11-06 10:12 Luis O. Silva
From: Luis O. Silva @ 2002-11-06 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Emacs Community,

I want to use some of the search and replacement commands,
viz.

`search-forward', `search-backward', `isearch-forward',
`isearch-backward', `query-replace', `replace-regexp',
`replace-string'

at once in a predefined list of buffers, just in the same way
in which these commands are used in the current buffer. This
means that if I do `query-replace-some-buffers', for instance,
I'll be prompted with the list of buffers and then the first
buffer in that list will become the current buffer and
`query-replace' will run throughout it until the
end. Afterwards the second buffer in the list will become the
current buffer and so on. I think I could write the
corresponding elisp functions, but, since I'm not a programmer
(just a bad mathematician), I'd like to know whether someone
has already written similar functions and has contributed with
a package.

Thanks in advance,
luis

--