all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* RE:  Olt/New Emacs 21 style -- any replies?
@ 2002-07-09 19:23 Bruce Korb
       [not found] ` <v9bs9gsdt0.fsf@marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de>
From: Bruce Korb @ 2002-07-09 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

This far I know:

  (menu-bar-mode nil)
  (tool-bar-mode nil)

Be sure to put it towards the end of your .emacs 'cuz
for some reason, other settings like to re-enable them.

But there is still the wasted space between the left margin
and the start of the text, plus the extra wide scroll bar.
I cannot figure out how to narrow them.  Also, once upon a
time, it was possible to "right click" the scroll bar and
have that line go to the bottom.  *MUCH, MUCH* more intuitive
than trying to guess how far from the top I should go.
That's beyond me, too.