all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* (file-exists-p) bug?
@ 2014-08-13 18:51 Doug Lewan
From: Doug Lewan @ 2014-08-13 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

I'm running emacs 24.3 (2013-08-20 build date) on CYGWIN 64 bit.  There are file systems mounted with OpenText NFS client from an AIX box.

(file-exists-p "/cygdrive/q/file/of/interest/.dir-locals.el")
=> t
where the /cygdrive/q/file/of/interest is a regular file.
The same does not happen with files of interest that do not exist:

(file-exists-p "/cygdrive/q/bobtcat")
=> nil

I've looked through the help-gnu-emacs and bugs-gnu-emacs archives and (in the first 5 or so pages) don't find anything like this. It seems like a bug, but I always assume that I'm doing something wrong first.

Does anyone know what I might be doing (have configured) wrong?

Thanks.

,Doug
Douglas Lewan
Shubert Ticketing
(201) 489-8600 ext 224

Hazmat condition: There's some emacs on the floor.

* Re: (file-exists-p) bug?
@ 2014-08-13 19:00 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2014-08-13 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: Doug Lewan <dougl@shubertticketing.com>
> Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 18:51:39 +0000
>
> I'm running emacs 24.3 (2013-08-20 build date) on CYGWIN 64 bit.  There are file systems mounted with OpenText NFS client from an AIX box.
>
> (file-exists-p "/cygdrive/q/file/of/interest/.dir-locals.el")
> => t
> where the /cygdrive/q/file/of/interest is a regular file.
> The same does not happen with files of interest that do not exist:

Does this happen with filesystems other than the NFS-mounted one?

FWIW, I don't see this neither on GNU/Linux nor with the native w32
build of Emacs 24.3 on MS-Windows.

* RE: (file-exists-p) bug?
@ 2014-08-13 19:06   ` Doug Lewan
From: Doug Lewan @ 2014-08-13 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii, help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Nope. Only with the OpenText NFS mounted disks. I have only native NTFS and remote NTFS and OT NFS mounts; only the OT NFS mounts show this symptom.