all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* minor-table-list-alist, once again
@ 2012-10-19 15:01 damien.thiriet77
From: damien.thiriet77 @ 2012-10-19 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

My previous post had no echo, but I am really in trouble with this minor-table-alist variable. Google cannot show any concrete example, only the (VARIABLE . ABBREV-TABLE), which I obviously did not understand. I am just a historian trying to ease its everyday work…

So, I have set my table polonais-mode-abbrev-table
(define-abbrev-table 'polonais-mode-abbrev-table '(("ków" "Kraków"))),
how should I write my add-to-list?
(add-to-list 'abbrev-minor-mode-table-alist
'(polonais-mode . polonais-mode-abbrev-table))
does not work. I cannot write anything, it returns:
Wrong type argument: vectorp, polonais-mode-abbrev-table

I am sure polonais-mode is non-nil (returns t when evaluated). Is it a bug, then?

Je crée ma boîte mail www.laposte.net

* RE: minor-table-list-alist, once again
@ 2012-10-19 15:31 ` Doug Lewan
From: Doug Lewan @ 2012-10-19 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: damien.thiriet77, help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Damien,

You need the '.' in the items that you've created to build an association list.
See if this works:
    (define-abbrev-table 'polonais-mode-abbrev-table '(("ków" . "Kraków")))

I think your use of (add-to-list) is right.

Let me know if this helps.

,Doug

@ 2012-10-19 16:17   ` damien.thiriet77
From: damien.thiriet77 @ 2012-10-19 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Doug Lewan, help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Hello Doug,

Thank you very much for your suggestions. Infortunately, it doesn’t work. When I eval
(define-abbrev-table 'polonais-mode-abbrev-table '(("ków" . "Kraków"))) I get an error message:
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument listp "Kraków")

Anywhay, I tried also to put " in my add-to-list, and when I give
(add-to-list 'abbrev-minor-mode-table-alist
'("polonais-mode" . "polonais-mode-abbrev-table")
)
After evaluating, I had could write anything, which might mean, that my table passes the vectorp test, but is not recognized at all. Maybe it is a bug after all?