all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Making a command undoable
@ 2012-08-31 17:16 Raffaele Ricciardi
From: Raffaele Ricciardi @ 2012-08-31 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

you have written a command and you want to make it undoable by using
`undo'.  How do you accomplish that?

Thanks.

* RE: Making a command undoable
@ 2012-08-31 17:57 ` Doug Lewan
From: Doug Lewan @ 2012-08-31 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Raffaele Ricciardi, help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

The elisp info documentation (section 32.9 in emacs 24) tells you what kind of information you have to keep track of and how to do so.

I've also noticed that you very often get "undo" for free if your command make changes in "normal" ways. I assume that "the unit to undo" is a single M-x CMD, but I've never researched this.

,Doug