all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* C and C++ IDE
@ 2012-07-23 16:31 Juan Pedro Pérez Alcántara
From: Juan Pedro Pérez Alcántara @ 2012-07-23 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I'm new to the list, although I've been an Emacs user for some years now,
and use Emacs on a daily basics for a lot of things. I use it, among other
things, for Python, PHP, web and PostgreSQL / PostGIS related issues,
including Pl/PgSQL programming. Now I want to use it for C and C++
development. Can you give me a few rapid hints on where to start? I think
Emacs comes with a lot of niceties for those languages. Is there a good
document on how to configure Emacs for this purpose?

Thanks a lot,

--
Juan Pedro Pérez
Director Técnico

jp.alcantara@gstgis.com

Rodio 35           T  +34 954 437 818      Visita nuestra web      Síguenos
en Twitter
41007 Sevilla      F  +34 955 110 441      *www.gstgis.com
@Geographica_ST <https://twitter.com/#!/Geographica_ST>*
Spain

* RE: C and C++ IDE
@ 2012-07-23 17:30 ` Doug Lewan
From: Doug Lewan @ 2012-07-23 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juan Pedro Pérez Alcántara, help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

I always start with the Info documentation (C-h i). There's a node for "C Modes" in the emacs info.

The next place I tend to look is customization (under the "Options" menu). It always gives good hints about what is possible.

I hope this helps.

,Doug

I'm new to the list, although I've been an Emacs user for some years now, and use Emacs on a daily basics for a lot of things. I use it, among other things, for Python, PHP, web and PostgreSQL / PostGIS related issues, including Pl/PgSQL programming. Now I want to use it for C and C++ development. Can you give me a few rapid hints on where to start? I think Emacs comes with a lot of niceties for those languages. Is there a good document on how to configure Emacs for this purpose?

Thanks a lot,

--
Juan Pedro Pérez
Director Técnico

jp.alcantara@gstgis.com<mailto:jp.alcantara@gstgis.com>

Rodio 35     [http://gstgis.com/firma/maps.png]       T  +34 954 437 818      Visita nuestra web      Síguenos en Twitter [http://gstgis.com/images/stories/icon_twitter.png]
41007 Sevilla      F  +34 955 110 441      www.gstgis.com<http://www.gstgis.com>       @Geographica_ST<https://twitter.com/#!/Geographica_ST>
Spain
[http://gstgis.com/firma/logo.png]

* Re: C and C++ IDE
       [not found] <mailman.5433.1343063014.855.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2012-07-23 22:58 ` Chris Gordon-Smith
From: Chris Gordon-Smith @ 2012-07-23 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Juan Pedro Pérez Alcántara <jp.alcantara@gstgis.com>:
>  --f46d043c06e6d0dfd104c581c610
>
>  Hello,
>
>  I'm new to the list, although I've been an Emacs user for some years now,
>  and use Emacs on a daily basics for a lot of things. I use it, among other
>  things, for Python, PHP, web and PostgreSQL / PostGIS related issues,
>  including Pl/PgSQL programming. Now I want to use it for C and C++
>  development. Can you give me a few rapid hints on where to start? I think
>  Emacs comes with a lot of niceties for those languages. Is there a good
>  document on how to configure Emacs for this purpose?
>
>  Thanks a lot,

Hello

You might like to have a look at the Emacs Code Browser (ECB). It
provides many features, including ability to go quickly to a specific
C++ function in a class.

It is included in Debian, but (I think) can also be downloaded
separately from the ECB site. It takes a bit of setting up, but is
very good once that is done.

Chris Gordon-Smith
www.simsoup.info