On Tue, Apr 10, 2018, at 8:48 PM, Phillip Lord wrote: > Nicolas Petton writes: >> The first release candidate for what will be the 26.1 release >> of Emacs>> (the extensible text editor) is available at >> >> ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-26.1-rc1.tar.xz >> >> You can get the PGP signature at >> >> ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-26.1-rc1.tar.xz.sig >> >> Please give it as much testing as you can. >> >> As always, if you encounter problems building or using Emacs, >> send a report to bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org with full details >> (if possible, use M-x report-emacs-bug). >> >> Thanks for helping to test Emacs. > > Windows Binaries are available for RC1. > > https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/ > > This includes both 64 and 32 bit versions and, by default, > includes all> the dependencies for a full Emacs experience. > I haven't done any *extensive *testing on this Windows-build, but I'd just like to confirm it unpacks and runs nicely for a few select projects I have across various languages and third-party packages I use. After fooling around a little, I still I haven't encountered any noteworthy issues. So here's at least 1 user calling in, having completed some rudimentary smoke-testing. Which if nothing else, at least should be better than no testing at all :) -- Regards Jostein Kjønigsen jostein@kjonigsen.net 🍵 jostein@gmail.com https://jostein.kjonigsen.net