Hello everyone! This is my first every message to a mailing list so I have no idea how this works. Pointing out mistakes is welcome, I will learn. On the topic, Sacha interviewed Johnw recently in which he mentioned the need of having a benchmarking/profiling system for emacs. He says the performance has been decreasing over time. Upon listening to this, I contacted John and showed my interest in putting such a system in place. He happily agreed to help me with it. During this time, I switched job and migrated to a different place. This took 2 months for things settle back to normal. Yesterday, I talked with John again on the subject on #emacs and he said nothing has happened for this so far. I am interested in this project, and would love to contribute. There are a few issues however. First is, I have never learned any of the Lisp language. I have just purchased SICP and going to start it. Moreover, I have never worked with profiling systems either and know nothing about them. I want to learn and contribute to the dearest editor/interpreter. Share your thoughts on this, give me guidelines and help would be much appreciated! -- - D Vaidya.