Filling multi-line comments in `css-mode' is broken. Consider for instance the following comment: /* * Multi-line comment here. * This comment spans * multiple * lines. * Better fill it! */ Filling it with a `fill-column' of 70, I'd expect the following result: /* * Multi-line comment here. This comment spans multiple lines. * Better fill it! */ But as of now, what we get is this: /* * Multi-line comment here. * This comment spans * multiple * lines. * Better fill it! */ From this comment in `css-fill-paragraph', it sounds like it is supposed to work, or has been working some time before: ;; Filling inside a comment whose comment-end marker is not \n. ;; This code is meant to be generic, so that it works not only for ;; css-mode but for all modes. Could someone fill me in? Alternatively, we could let `css-mode' borrow comment filling code from `cc-mode', like `js-mode' and `js2-mode' do. Please let me know if that would be an acceptable fix. -- Simen