all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* this is a bug?
@ 2007-03-22 16:43 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-03-22 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs   Dev  [emacs-devel]

enum Lisp_Type
  {
    /* Integer.  XINT (obj) is the integer value.  */
    Lisp_Int,

    /* Symbol.  XSYMBOL (object) points to a struct Lisp_Symbol.  */
    Lisp_Symbol,

    /* Miscellaneous.  XMISC (object) points to a union Lisp_Misc,
       whose first member indicates the subtype.  */
    Lisp_Misc,

    /* String.  XSTRING (object) points to a struct Lisp_String.
       The length of the string, and its contents, are stored therein.  */
    Lisp_String,

    /* Vector of Lisp objects, or something resembling it.
       XVECTOR (object) points to a struct Lisp_Vector, which contains
       the size and contents.  The size field also contains the type
       information, if it's not a real vector object.  */
    Lisp_Vectorlike,

    /* Cons.  XCONS (object) points to a struct Lisp_Cons.  */
    Lisp_Cons,

    Lisp_Float,

    /* This is not a type code.  It is for range checking.  */
    Lisp_Type_Limit
  };

Here is a strange bug that I met 1000 times so far.

1. emacs -q

then, visiting the tags table of emacs, go to the upper listed symbol.

The first 4 members of this enum are listed in yellow color to me . The last 4 members in black color .

This is normal?

Or this is a bug?

PS: I report little bugs and you learn me emacs lisp en échange.

* this is a bug?
@ 2007-03-26 12:04 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-03-26 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs   Bug  [bug-gnu-emacs]

This is a bug.

I report again, becuase this bug was ignored. I rewrite it into an easier to reproduce form:

1. Emacs -Q

2. M-. Lisp_Type <RET>

Select then the path to your TAGS file of your emacs.

The first 4 members of this enumeration are listed in yellow color to me . The last 4 members in black color .

So this is a bug.

* Re: this is a bug?
@ 2007-03-27  9:08 A Soare
From: A Soare @ 2007-03-27  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs   Dev  [emacs-devel]

> This is a bug.
>
> I report again, becuase this bug was ignored. I rewrite it into an easier to reproduce form:
>
> 1. Emacs -Q
>
> 2. M-. Lisp_Type <RET>
>
> Select then the path to your TAGS file of your emacs.
>
> The first 4 members of this enumeration are listed in yellow color to me . The last 4 members in black color .
>
> So this is a bug.

If we cut the commented text before the fifth member of enum, the 5th will be the same color as the first 4. So this is a bug.