all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* speedbar select function face
@ 2007-10-29 22:06 Tim Johnson
       [not found] ` <mailman.2735.1193698008.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Tim Johnson @ 2007-10-29 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Using emacs22 on (compiled for x) on kubuntu 7.10

From the speedbar, I can select a file. By clicking on the
'+' to the left of the filename, I will then get a list of
functions. When I click on the function name, the beginning
of the function is brought into focus in the editor frame.

The line of the focus is highlighted. I would like find the name
of that face so that I can change the color. As it is now, I
can't read anything under it.

I'm accustomed to use (what-cursor-position 1) to get a text
property, but that doesn't seem to work in this case.

Any ideas are welcome.
Thanks
tim

* Re: speedbar select function face
@ 2007-10-29 22:46 ` Peter Dyballa
       [not found] ` <mailman.2735.1193698008.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2007-10-29 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Johnson; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 29.10.2007 um 23:06 schrieb Tim Johnson:

> I'm accustomed to use (what-cursor-position 1) to get a text
> property, but that doesn't seem to work in this case.

And C-u C-x =?

--
Greetings

   Pete

"A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience."
                                                      Doug Larson

@ 2007-10-29 23:13   ` Tim Johnson
       [not found]     ` <mailman.2745.1193732216.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Tim Johnson @ 2007-10-29 23:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Greetings Pete:
Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 29.10.2007 um 23:06 schrieb Tim Johnson:
>
>> I'm accustomed to use (what-cursor-position 1) to get a text
>> property, but that doesn't seem to work in this case.
>
> And C-u C-x =?
 No result. In either case, the keystrokes remove focus from the
 highlighted area - so it is a bit like trying to bite my own
 teeth :-).

 I has able to determine that it is speedbar-highlight-face,
 and give it a more readable color, so life is good...

@ 2007-10-30  8:15     ` Seweryn Kokot
       [not found]     ` <mailman.2745.1193732216.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Seweryn Kokot @ 2007-10-30  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com> writes:

> Greetings Pete:
> Peter Dyballa wrote:
>>
>> Am 29.10.2007 um 23:06 schrieb Tim Johnson:
>>
>>> I'm accustomed to use (what-cursor-position 1) to get a text
>>> property, but that doesn't seem to work in this case.
>>
>> And C-u C-x =?
>  No result. In either case, the keystrokes remove focus from the
>  highlighted area - so it is a bit like trying to bite my own
>  teeth :-).
>
>  I has able to determine that it is speedbar-highlight-face,
>  and give it a more readable color, so life is good...
> thanks
> tim
another option is to list all faces with

M-x list-faces-display

and search for speedbar faces with (C-s).

regards,
--
Seweryn Kokot

@ 2007-10-30 15:33       ` Tim Johnson
From: Tim Johnson @ 2007-10-30 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Seweryn Kokot wrote:
<...>
> another option is to list all faces with
>
> M-x list-faces-display
>
> and search for speedbar faces with (C-s).
 That's a good tip. Better than searching thru color-themes.
thanks
tim