all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs source code review
@ 2012-11-19  0:24 drain
From: drain @ 2012-11-19  0:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

Is there a book or website that provides a review (or, more accurately, an
overview) of the Emacs source code? To be clear, in the following style:

http://fabiensanglard.net/doom3/index.php

Something more architecturally focused than the Emacs Lisp Intro or the
manual.

* Re: Emacs source code review
@ 2012-11-19  0:59 ` Nicolas Forgerit
From: Nicolas Forgerit @ 2012-11-19  0:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

Check this one:

http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780596517984.do Ch. 11.

Best regards

On Nov 19, 2012, at 1:24 AM, drain <aeuster@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a book or website that provides a review (or, more accurately, an
> overview) of the Emacs source code? To be clear, in the following style:
>
> http://fabiensanglard.net/doom3/index.php
>
> Something more architecturally focused than the Emacs Lisp Intro or the
> manual.
>

> --

* Re: Emacs source code review
@ 2012-11-19  1:24   ` drain
From: drain @ 2012-11-19  1:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

Purchased.

"I use Emacs, which might be thought of as a thermonuclear word processor."

Signature-worthy.

* Re: Emacs source code review
@ 2012-11-19  2:13     ` drain
From: drain @ 2012-11-19  2:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

That was kind of fluffy. A detailed overview for non-users, but nothing
unfamiliar otherwise.

* Re: Emacs source code review
@ 2012-11-19 16:38 ` Oleksandr Gavenko
From: Oleksandr Gavenko @ 2012-11-19 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 2012-11-19, drain wrote:

> Is there a book or website that provides a review (or, more accurately, an
> overview) of the Emacs source code? To be clear, in the following style:
>
> http://fabiensanglard.net/doom3/index.php
>
> Something more architecturally focused than the Emacs Lisp Intro or the
> manual.

Is that right to point to:

  http://www.finseth.com/craft/
                The Craft of Text Editing