all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacsclient sharing buffers.
@ 2012-10-10 20:42 ayzdark
From: ayzdark @ 2012-10-10 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,

I have been using emacs for years, and I've just tried the emacs server
feature which I honnestly don't like much.
Maybe I don't use it very well, but even if it is really fast, I really
don't want to share buffers between multiple emacs frames.
For example, if I open a new file, then I am able to access all the previous
files I have already opened.
Actually, I don't want to handle ALL files in my current emacs frame,
because even finding specific files I want to work with becomes really
annoying looking at the good filename (C-x <left|right>

For me the best advantage of using emacsclient is to avoid loading my
config, that's it.

Is there a way to use emacsclient the same way I usually use emacs?
But maybe, I need to get used to this way of using emacslient, closing files
with C-x # and handling all opened files in each new frame.
What's your opinion ?

btw, sorry for my bad english.