all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: python.el and imenu
@ 2012-08-04 16:20 Dan Maftei
From: Dan Maftei @ 2012-08-04 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: Matthias Meulien <m.meulien@free.fr>
> To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
> Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2012 13:04:26 +0200
> Subject: Re: python.el and imenu
> > How does one use imenu with the current python.el in emacs24? (...)
> > Anybody know how this is supposed to work?

For me, M-x imenu works out of the box with GNU's python.el in emacs 24.
What precisely isn't working for you?

Dan

* python.el and imenu
@ 2012-07-30  3:26 Greg Laun
From: Greg Laun @ 2012-07-30  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

How does one use imenu with the current python.el in emacs24?  When I
try M-x imenu in a python file, I always get the message, "No items
suitable for an index found in this buffer".

I have spent a good part of the day searching the Internet for an answer
and have had no luck.  I have found other people having the same problem
(e.g.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6317667/fabian-gallinas-python-el-imenu-support)
but the solutions there do not work for me.

I tried using a blank .emacs file and still get the same errors, so it
doesn't seem like my configuration.

Anybody know how this is supposed to work?

Thanks!

Greg