Package: emacs Tags: patch Severity: wishlist GUD-MI's disassembly buffer only works when the current frame has debug information. While debugging dynamically generated code it'd be useful to simply follow the program counter. I understand that newer GDBs expose an API that lets a JIT compiler register debug information for dynamically generated code, but JITs typically only do so for real functions. So, having the disassembly buffer follow $PC would still be useful while stepping through dynamically generated, shorter sequences of code (like call stubs, inline caches etc.). The latest GDB (7.4.50.20120122-cvs) does this in its TUI mode while my stable GDB's (7.0.1-debian) behavior is the same as Emacs 23 GUD. Please review and merge. Thanks, -Kaushik