On Wed, 2011-09-07 at 10:02 -0500, Perry Smith wrote: > I do customer support and I shift from one problem to another problem and then back to the first problem. > > Is it possible to save the current state of emacs which includes the buffers in particular and maybe the "register" values (when I do point-to-register) to a file. Then clear the state, work on a new problem, save the new state at that time. Then be able to go back and restore the first state? > > Utopia would each of these states to be saved in its own individual file. > > I've been told of a packaged named "windows" that does this but I can't find it because the name gets too many hits. > > Thank you, > pedz > > > Hi, It sounds like you're looking for the package Workgroup for Windows. It provided the features you're looking for. Here are some URLs: http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WorkgroupsForWindows https://github.com/tlh/workgroups.el Thanks, -- Steven Knight