Today Leo wrote: > We are already using CLOS (in the form of EIEIO), so the elisp lib cl.el > really has been unfairly treated for such a long time because it was put > into emacs too ahead of time and because of rms's dislike of CL (the ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ > language). Ah, I see. Indeed this whole things really smells a lot like a political decision like this. > Also putting a cl- in front of everything merely reminds > people of Common Lisp. Can we just think of cl.el as some good ideas > stolen from Common Lisp and forget about it hereafter. +1 More and more functional elements enter other programming languages - see Perl, Python, Scala, upcoming Java versions, ... Historically Lisp is the first functional programming language. Still AFAICS Emacs Lisp lacks something simple like `reduce'. Well, to make it worse: It *is* there - in cl.el. But you may not use it. This is really weird... Something similar applies to `defstruct'. Some standard mechanism to group a bunch of attributes would be really helpful - beyond abusing positions in lists for this. Am I missing something here? Grüße Stefan