all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* display problem with emacs 21.3 in windows xp
@ 2007-03-15 10:31 martin.weg
From: martin.weg @ 2007-03-15 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bug-gnu-emacs

Hello

I have a problem with GNU Emacs (downloaded from ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/) on my Windows machine (dual xeon, 2G memory, Matrox Millennium G450 DVI; Windows XP Professional SP 2) .

After some hours (or even days) of work with emacs it suddenly starts to display all modifications to the display relative to the upper left corner of the physical screen, not inside the window (in the sense of "emacs window" if I have more than one) as expected.

If I save all buffers and restart Emacs (I do not log off or reboot) it works well again for some hours, so the problem is not too severe.

Is this a known problem with Emacs 21.3? Or is it more probable the Matrox display driver is buggy? Or is it an issue of the Windows display manager?

Regards,
Martin Weg

only message in thread, other threads:[~2007-03-15 10:31 UTC | newest]