all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: PierGianLuca <luca@magnaspesmeretrix.org>
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Cc: Rahguzar <rahguzar@zohomail.eu>
Subject: Re: Emacs-desktop insists on having 13-pixel scrollbars at startup
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 22:13:07 +0200	[thread overview]

Thank you. The problem is that the desktop is *not* using the recorded value of 'scroll-bar-width' (which is one frame parameter) from the session exited previously. Instead, it replaces it with 13 pixels, no matter what it was in the previous session.

In other words:

1. Suppose I have one frame that has width 90 (characters), height 14, and scroll-bar-width 30 pixels.

2. Now I close the Emacs session and the desktop is saved automatically.

3. I restart Emacs; desktop should restore the previous configuration:

– I expect: width 90, height 14, scroll-bar-width 30

– Instead I get: width 90, height 14, scroll-bar-width 13

This is why I see this as a bug.

Let me know if I'm misunderstanding something.

Cheers,
Luca