all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Help setting up gnus with gmail
@ 2009-03-07  2:29 gnus newbie
From: gnus newbie @ 2009-03-07  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi, All,

I am trying to setup gnus with gmail. Now I can login successfully,
but no mail folder in my gmail account are listed in the *Group*
folder. Did I missed something obvious?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Here is my setup(copied from emacs wiki page):

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnimap "gmail"
		(nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
		(nnimap-server-port 993)
		(nnimap-stream ssl))))

Here is the what's in the *imap-log* buffer:

depth=0 /C=US/ST=California/L=Mountain View/O=Google Inc/
CN=imap.gmail.com
verify error:num=20:unable to get local issuer certificate
verify return:1
depth=0 /C=US/ST=California/L=Mountain View/O=Google Inc/
CN=imap.gmail.com
verify error:num=27:certificate not trusted
verify return:1
depth=0 /C=US/ST=California/L=Mountain View/O=Google Inc/
CN=imap.gmail.com
verify error:num=21:unable to verify the first certificate
verify return:1
* OK Gimap ready for requests from 204.111.250.141 c37if3702825ana.29

1 NOOP

1 OK Nothing Accomplished. c37if3702825ana.29

2 CAPABILITY

* CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UNSELECT IDLE NAMESPACE QUOTA XLIST CHILDREN
XYZZY

2 OK Thats all she wrote! c37if3702825ana.29

3 LOGIN "xxxxxx" "xxxxxx"

3 OK xxxx@gmail.com authenticated (Success)

* Re: Help setting up gnus with gmail
@ 2009-03-07  2:34 ` gnus newbie
       [not found] ` <mailman.2652.1236451363.31690.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: gnus newbie @ 2009-03-07  2:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

More info about my system:

It's emacs 23 on a gentoo machine.

Thanks.

* Re: Help setting up gnus with gmail
@ 2009-03-07  7:57   ` gnus newbie
From: gnus newbie @ 2009-03-07  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Ok. I should have read the manual more carefully. I figure out that I
need to type "A A" to first retrieve available groups (my email
folders is within them) then subscribe them.

@ 2009-03-07 18:42 ` Byung-Hee HWANG
       [not found] ` <mailman.2652.1236451363.31690.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Byung-Hee HWANG @ 2009-03-07 18:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnus newbie; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

gnus newbie <Zhenlei.Jia@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, All,
>
> I am trying to setup gnus with gmail. Now I can login successfully,
> but no mail folder in my gmail account are listed in the *Group*
> folder. Did I missed something obvious?
[...snip...]

First i'm glad to see you because i'm also newbie for Gnus. By the way,
did you make sure that enabling IMAP in your Gmail account?

--
Byung-Hee HWANG <bh@izb.knu.ac.kr>
∑INTERNET: <URL:http://izb.knu.ac.kr/~bh/>

@ 2009-03-10 20:10   ` gnus newbie
From: gnus newbie @ 2009-03-10 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Mar 7, 2:42 pm, Byung-Hee HWANG <b...@izb.knu.ac.kr> wrote:
> gnus newbie <Zhenlei....@gmail.com> writes:
> > Hi, All,
>
> > I am trying to setup gnus with gmail. Now I can login successfully,
> > but no mail folder in my gmail account are listed in the *Group*
> > folder. Did I missed something obvious?

> First i'm glad to see you because i'm also newbie for Gnus. By the way,
> did you make sure that enabling IMAP in your Gmail account?
>
> --
> Byung-Hee HWANG <b...@izb.knu.ac.kr>
> ∑INTERNET: <URL:http://izb.knu.ac.kr/~bh/>

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I figured out the problem later, it's because I don't know I need to
"subscribe to" my email box.