all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Howto disable a menu item
@ 2011-01-04 11:37 Sameer Rahmani
From: Sameer Rahmani @ 2011-01-04 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,
according to this:
http://www.gnu.org/s/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Simple-Menu-Items.html

by setting the real binding of a menu item we can disable that i tried
all the methods that above link provided for disabling a menu item but
none of them works and i wonder why? is there any changes in those
commands?

I'm using Emacs 23.2

* Re: Howto disable a menu item
@ 2011-01-06  4:48 ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2011-01-06  4:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sameer Rahmani; +Cc: emacs-devel

> http://www.gnu.org/s/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Simple-Menu-Items.html

> by setting the real binding of a menu item we can disable that i tried
> all the methods that above link provided for disabling a menu item but
> none of them works and i wonder why? is there any changes in those
> commands?

I guess it depends on details, such as which menu item.