all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* xterm-mouse-mode clicks further right than ~ column 100 result in  menu
@ 2009-02-23  1:38 Mark Aufflick
From: Mark Aufflick @ 2009-02-23  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: emacs-devel

Hi all,

This is something that has bugged me for years and I can't take it any more :)

I use xterm-mouse-mode a lot on many platforms (linux, solaris,
macosx) and across many emacs versions (20.* up to cvs head) and see
the following behavior.

Click events work as expected over the full height of any window size,
but click events further right than about the 100th column (seems to
vary) result in the menu showing (same as if you had clicked in the
menu bar). This happens for clicks in a buffer, on the status bar,
minibuffer.

Various googling and searching this list archives hasn't turned up
anything that looks relevant. Can anyone confirm if this is known
behaviour?

Thanks,

Mark.
--
Mark Aufflick
  contact info at http://mark.aufflick.com/about/contact

* Re: xterm-mouse-mode clicks further right than ~ column 100 result in menu
@ 2009-02-23  1:45 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2009-02-23  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Mark Aufflick; +Cc: emacs-devel

Mark Aufflick <mark-emacs@aufflick.com> writes:

> I use xterm-mouse-mode a lot on many platforms (linux, solaris,
> macosx) and across many emacs versions (20.* up to cvs head) and see
> the following behavior.
>
> Click events work as expected over the full height of any window size,
> but click events further right than about the 100th column (seems to
> vary) result in the menu showing (same as if you had clicked in the
> menu bar). This happens for clicks in a buffer, on the status bar,
> minibuffer.

I can't reproduce this with CVS head on GNU/Linux.  With
`emacs -nw -Q -f xterm-mouse-mode' and a scratch buffer consisting of a
100+ character line, mouse-1 near the end of the line moves point, as
expected.

* Re: xterm-mouse-mode clicks further right than ~ column 100 result in menu
@ 2009-02-25  1:19   ` Mark Aufflick
From: Mark Aufflick @ 2009-02-25  1:19 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: emacs-devel

Thanks, it may have been fixed a while ago - i had a config entry that
broke it. To summarise:

emacs 21 the problem occurs with set-input-mode as default OR as
(set-input-mode t nil t)
emacs 22.3 the problem occurs with (set-input-mode t nil t), but does
not occur when left as default.

Thanks for looking into it, and thanks to whoever fixed the problem :)