Hello, I hope this is the right forum for submitting this patch for flymake. If it is not, please, direct me to the correct one. While working to get flymake to work with the bigloo scheme compiler I discovered that when it examines the compiler output it does so line-by-line. This prevents flymake in the case of bigloo from being able to show complete error/warning messages -- bigloo's error/warning messages span multiple lines. To remedy this, I introduced a buffer-local variable named flymake-split-output-pattern and modified the function flymake-split-output to use it when splitting the output into individual error/warning messages. The default value of flymake-split-output-pattern is "[\n\r]+"; this matches the value previously hard-coded in flymake-split-output. For bigloo, I added in my .emacs file a hook to bee-mode-hook to set the value flymake-split-ouput-pattern to "^[\r\n][\r\n]". This enabled flymake to display the full error/warning messages provided bigloo. The patch for this modification is attached. If there are any questions and or comments, I would appreciate hearing them. Thank You, Joseph Donaldson