all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Function call in default-frame-alist
@ 2003-11-27 10:54 Sébastien Kirche
From: Sébastien Kirche @ 2003-11-27 10:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
i defined the following to alter the geometry of new emacs frames (osx
version):

  (if window-system
	 (setq default-frame-alist '((width . 100)
								 (height . 44)
								 (top . 50);pixels
								 (left . 50);pixels
								 (font . "fontset-mac"))))

I would also like to set the truncate-line that is buffer dependant
with (toggle-truncate-lines 1)

I didn't see any equivalent to defaukt-frame-alist (neither apropos,
nor show variable or help function)...

How should i do ?
Thanks

Sébastien Kirche

* Re: Function call in default-frame-alist
       [not found] <mailman.715.1069934555.399.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2003-12-01 19:48 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2003-12-01 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sébastien Kirche wrote:

>  (if window-system
>      (setq default-frame-alist '((width . 100)
>                                  (height . 44)
>                                  (top . 50);pixels
>                                  (left . 50);pixels
>                                  (font . "fontset-mac"))))
>
> I would also like to set the truncate-line that is buffer dependant with
> (toggle-truncate-lines 1)

Uh, the toggle-truncate-lines function does not take any arguments.  You
could just set the default value of the truncate-lines variable:

(when window-system
   (setq default-frame-alist ...)
   (setq-default truncate-lines t))

--