On Sat, 2008-10-25 at 11:20 -0400, Stefan Monnier wrote: > > We use this workflow in the layout generation process within the ASIC > > development. Layout generation takes long time, often 3 or more month. > > Two (or more) people are working together in the same tree on the same > > database. > > We have worked this way for years without any VCS. Now we introduce > > Git for the layout generation process too. We will put the source code > > (scripts, tool setup files, "design constraints", etc) under version > > control. > > I've changed the code so that ownership changes are not taken into > account any more, so mixed-ownership within a single project should work > fine in VC now. I've briefly tested this and it works as expected. Thanks, Mathias