I was wondering, whether it might be possible to implement a separate customization file for org-mode? I use two different computers, one with Linux and other with XP, and an USB stick with Emacs installed, that I can use at various places. I only synchronise my work files, though, and it definitively is not possible to sync ~/.emacs between different systems, so to have similar org-mode configuration on every system, I have to do the customisation by hand in a separate file, which I then sync between the systems. To ease this, I'd suggest adding a way to make org-mode use an external customisation file to store the settings and everything, instead of the ~/.emacs or whatever it happens to be. I'd do something like that by myself, but Emacs Lisp is just trees to me... Best Wishes, Harri K.