all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#515: process-connection-type weirdness on Mac OS X
@ 2008-07-01 10:14 Otto Maddox
From: Otto Maddox @ 2008-07-01 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: bug-gnu-emacs

Still trying to track down the cause of the bug detailed in this
thread:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2008-06/msg00046.html

I found that I could make the bug detailed in the linked-to thread
(i.e., getting Apple Python to work with python-mode) temporarily go
away by setting process-connection-type to nil instead of t.  Which
doesn't seem like the right solution at all.

Remember the process-connection-type bug on Mac OS X a couple of years
ago?  Perhaps something similar has resurfaced in Leopard?
--
  Otto Maddox
  ottomaddox@fastmail.fm

--
http://www.fastmail.fm - And now for something completely different…

* bug#515: process-connection-type weirdness on Mac OS X
@ 2008-08-23  3:14 Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2008-08-23  3:14 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Otto Maddox; +Cc: 515

> Still trying to track down the cause of the bug detailed in this
> thread:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2008-06/msg00046.html
>
> I found that I could make the bug detailed in the linked-to thread
> (i.e., getting Apple Python to work with python-mode) temporarily go
> away by setting process-connection-type to nil instead of t.  Which
> doesn't seem like the right solution at all.

Do you still see this problem with latest CVS?