all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* RefTex keeps asking me which file is the Master file
@ 2009-08-15 17:50 Wenguang Wang
From: Wenguang Wang @ 2009-08-15 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,
I have a multi-file noweb project.  The file type is .mm (to
workaround a problem of my IDE debugger).  I have also added the
following file extensions into my .emacs file:

(setq reftex-file-extensions
      '(("mm" ".mm" "nw" "tex" ".tex") ("bib" ".bib")))
(setq TeX-file-extensions
      '( "mm" ".mm" "nw" "tex" ".tex" "sty" "cls" "ltx" "texi"
"texinfo"))

And at the end of each file, I have:

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode: Noweb
%%% noweb-code-mode: c++-mode
%%% TeX-master: "mynowebproj"
%%% End:

And in mynowebproj.mm file, the TeX-master line is:

%%% TeX-master: t

However, when I save these .mm files, or when I open TOC on these
files using RefTeX, it kept asking me which file is the Master file,
very annoying.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks!

-Wenguang

* Re: RefTex keeps asking me which file is the Master file
@ 2009-08-16  7:03 ` Wenguang Wang
From: Wenguang Wang @ 2009-08-16  7:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Never mind.  I can do this in the .emacs file to solve it: (setq-
default TeX-master "mynowebproj.mm")

@ 2009-08-16  9:38   ` Joost Kremers
From: Joost Kremers @ 2009-08-16  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Wenguang Wang wrote:
>> %%% Local Variables:
>> %%% mode: Noweb
>> %%% noweb-code-mode: c++-mode
>> %%% TeX-master: "mynowebproj"
>> %%% End:

> Never mind.  I can do this in the .emacs file to solve it: (setq-
> default TeX-master "mynowebproj.mm")

then why don't you try to set TeX-master in the local variables list *with* the
extension?

%%% TeX-master: "mynowebproj.mm"

as that seems to be the setting that solves your problem.

--
Joost Kremers                                      joostkremers@yahoo.com
EN:SiS(9)

* Re: RefTex keeps asking me which file is the Master file
@ 2009-08-16 14:54     ` Wenguang Wang
From: Wenguang Wang @ 2009-08-16 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I tried that already, but it didn't help.  Since I work on one noweb
project at a time, this workaround is acceptable to me for now.  Of
course I would love to see an official solution instead of this hack.

@ 2009-08-18 15:23       ` wewwew
From: wewwew @ 2009-08-18 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Actually that hack only works partially.  I have to rename all
\includes from:

\include{subfile}

\include{subfile.mm}

and show a TOC, and then change the name back, before I can really
view the TOC correctly.  Anybody knows how to let RefTex look for the
subfiles directly using the file type I gave in .emacs?

-Wenguang