all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* wrong type argument commandp defadvice
@ 2005-09-12  9:54 cerios
From: cerios @ 2005-09-12  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, I got this error
     wrong type argument commandp defadvice
on visiting a .tex file, and then emacs mostly froze - the menus
were still active, but I could not move the cursor or do any
command using the menu, even quit.

It's not nicely repeatable -  I visited the same .tex file again
and it did not happen.  I've at least one other similar error recently.

This is on 22.0.50.1 on a mac.

If anything I suspect something related to the jde package, though
I don't know where to begin to deal with this.

Annoying... emacs was rock solid for ages; I wish I could
(Another recent problem - I found I was saving files in a unicode
character set, NOT something I wanted!   Somehow got it to stop
that before a large number of my files were msessed up).

Thanks for any suggestions