all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Query
@ 2003-04-11  7:19 Phanender N
From: Phanender N @ 2003-04-11  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Sir,
	I am using 'emacs' editor on unix system which is remotely connected via
Exceed on a windows 2000 version.
In my macro which I am editing using emacs, I want to colour some words
which are repeated  in the code such that I can easily visualize them by
seeing at once. The words which are repeated, I want to colour them with
different colours for different words.  Is there any provision in emacs
editor to perform this operation?
If so, kindly help me in this regard.

Thanks
Phanender

====
Regards
Phanender N
Design Engineer, IEL, India
'Off: +91 -  40 - 23110357  Ext:252

* query
@ 2005-07-15 17:26 ys
From: ys @ 2005-07-15 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've heard that coding/command line suffering with dvorak because of
the punctuation marks and shortcuts, specially C, C#, Java, Pascal,
LISP, CSS ,XML and Unix shell commands.  How much suffering it with
dvorak? Would it be any regret for me, if I learn programming with
dvorak? Does anyone out there use dvorak for programming? Would you
post any information please?

* Re: query
@ 2005-07-15 21:05 ` Thien-Thi Nguyen
From: Thien-Thi Nguyen @ 2005-07-15 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

"ys" <ys_09@yahoo.com> writes:

> suffering with dvorak because of
> the punctuation marks and shortcuts

old fat dude, arthritic fingers, beaming at me.
"gots me the happiness", he clicks.
"no periods o{f,r} sappiness", he flicks.
i sit, boggled, slow-to-wake, eyes agape and silent.
beaming at me, arthritic fingers, old fat dude, still.

narciso, erudito e dolce, m'illumini ancora?
un colpo per il passato dimenticato.
due mète dopo, ma prima l'unico strato.
sto strappazzato, in dormiveglia, scrutando il soffitto.
m'illumini ancora, erudito e dolce, narciso, caro?

quick fast dream, perplexity lingers, twirling my brain.
"roll over now, forget", so slumbering,
"no use {y}our regret", thus lumbering.
i sit, toggled, direct-to-REM, lobes spaz out and chatter.
twirling my brain, perplexity lingers, quick fast dream, over.

thi

* Re: query
@ 2005-07-16 16:44   ` B.T. Raven
From: B.T. Raven @ 2005-07-16 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Thien-Thi Nguyen" <ttn@glug.org> wrote in message
> "ys" <ys_09@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > suffering with dvorak because of
> > the punctuation marks and shortcuts
>
> old fat dude, arthritic fingers, beaming at me.
> "gots me the happiness", he clicks.
> "no periods o{f,r} sappiness", he flicks.
> i sit, boggled, slow-to-wake, eyes agape and silent.
> beaming at me, arthritic fingers, old fat dude, still.
>
> narciso, erudito e dolce, m'illumini ancora?
> un colpo per il passato dimenticato.
> due mète dopo, ma prima l'unico strato.
> sto strappazzato, in dormiveglia, scrutando il soffitto.
> m'illumini ancora, erudito e dolce, narciso, caro?
>
> quick fast dream, perplexity lingers, twirling my brain.
> "roll over now, forget", so slumbering,
> "no use {y}our regret", thus lumbering.
> i sit, toggled, direct-to-REM, lobes spaz out and chatter.
> twirling my brain, perplexity lingers, quick fast dream, over.
>
> thi

I second Monsieur Nguyen's cogent observations. After using qwerty for
almost 40 years, I am almost up to speed with the aoeuidhtns- homekeys.
That hyphen is right where it should be for lisp-style-tokens; parens
should be on pedals. Also, remember that programming is only a tiny
subset of the more general category, writing.

Ed