all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* tramp and igrep-find
@ 2007-10-14 14:00 Trastabuga
       [not found] ` <mailman.2065.1192422492.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Trastabuga @ 2007-10-14 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Is there a utility for tramp which would do the same job as igrep-find
but remotely?
Looks like igrep-find only works (as expected) in a local mode. I am
using emacs 21.3 on Windows.

Thank you,
Andrew

* Re: tramp and igrep-find
@ 2007-10-15  4:32 ` Michael Albinus
       [not found] ` <mailman.2065.1192422492.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Michael Albinus @ 2007-10-15  4:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trastabuga; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Trastabuga <lispercat@gmail.com> writes:

> Is there a utility for tramp which would do the same job as igrep-find
> but remotely?
> Looks like igrep-find only works (as expected) in a local mode. I am
> using emacs 21.3 on Windows.

Which Tramp version do you use? I've tested shortly Tramp 2.1.11 and
igrep, and it looks like igrep works also remotely. Note that you need
the following patch for Tramp 2.1.11:

<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tramp-devel/2007-10/msg00018.html>

> Thank you,
> Andrew

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: tramp and igrep-find
       [not found] ` <mailman.2065.1192422492.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2007-10-15 16:21   ` Trastabuga
From: Trastabuga @ 2007-10-15 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Oct 15, 12:32 am, Michael Albinus <michael.albi...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Trastabuga <lisper...@gmail.com> writes:
> > Is there a utility for tramp which would do the same job as igrep-find
> > but remotely?
> > Looks like igrep-find only works (as expected) in a local mode. I am
> > using emacs 21.3 on Windows.
>
> Which Tramp version do you use? I've tested shortly Tramp 2.1.11 and
> igrep, and it looks like igrep works also remotely. Note that you need
> the following patch for Tramp 2.1.11:
>
> <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tramp-devel/2007-10/msg00018.html>
>
> > Thank you,
> > Andrew
>
> Best regards, Michael.

Looks like the download site is down :(

Andrew

* Re: tramp and igrep-find
       [not found] ` <mailman.2065.1192422492.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2007-10-15 20:56   ` Trastabuga
From: Trastabuga @ 2007-10-15 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Oct 15, 12:32 am, Michael Albinus <michael.albi...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Trastabuga <lisper...@gmail.com> writes:
> > Is there a utility for tramp which would do the same job as igrep-find
> > but remotely?
> > Looks like igrep-find only works (as expected) in a local mode. I am
> > using emacs 21.3 on Windows.
>
> Which Tramp version do you use? I've tested shortly Tramp 2.1.11 and
> igrep, and it looks like igrep works also remotely. Note that you need
> the following patch for Tramp 2.1.11:
>
> <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tramp-devel/2007-10/msg00018.html>
>
> > Thank you,
> > Andrew