all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* HTML to Latex CONVERTER ********
@ 2007-10-14 22:19 vasan999
From: vasan999 @ 2007-10-14 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I am very depressed now with the following problem.

I have a set of html files, must be human readable

that I want to convert to human readable latex.

The program by
http://in.geocities.com/ad_rab/

produces human unreadable tex. and i could not see the compiled
resulting dvi.

The gnu program produces human readable latex, but does not handle all
the tags.

the C program by Faase ??? produces human readable latex but misses a
few tags.

The C program is unreadable by me so I cant modify it.

On sourceforge there are two programs one in Perl and the other in
Java.

The perl one does not run due to path problems.

The java one produces complicated latex, possibly human readable, but
that does not compile so I could not see its quality.

Does someone have a program? I prefer a well documented and fully
commented program that one can modify or one that can do the job
without the need for understanding its operation.

Please help. The situation is very desperate.

Vasantha

* Re: HTML to Latex CONVERTER ********
@ 2007-10-14 22:31 ` Travis Newbury
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Travis Newbury @ 2007-10-14 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Oct 14, 6:19 pm, vasan...@hotmail.com wrote:
> I am very depressed now with the following problem.

I would be depressed about your hair if I were you!

http://in.geocities.com/ad_rab/images/barda.gif

* Re: HTML to Latex CONVERTER ********
@ 2007-10-14 22:46 ` Jukka K. Korpela
From: Jukka K. Korpela @ 2007-10-14 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Scripsit vasan999@hotmail.com:

> I am very depressed now with the following problem.

Sending a message to more or less randomly chosen newgroups does not help
much with that.

> I have a set of html files, must be human readable
>
> that I want to convert to human readable latex.

Latex is a typesetting language and not meant to be human-readable.

> Does someone have a program?

Yes, but I wrote it for myself only and haven't used it for years.

> I prefer a well documented and fully
> commented program that one can modify or one that can do the job
> without the need for understanding its operation.
>
> Please help. The situation is very desperate.

How desperate, really? Try offering 20,000 dollars, for example. You are
asking for a program that is straightforward but very tedious to write, with
limited market, and you're setting high standards for it.

--
Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

* Re: HTML to Latex CONVERTER ********
@ 2007-10-15 14:36 ` corff
From: corff @ 2007-10-15 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

In comp.text.tex vasan999@hotmail.com wrote:
: I am very depressed now with the following problem.

: I have a set of html files, must be human readable

: that I want to convert to human readable latex.

If it's only for the sake of typesetting, you can typeset them directly
with the htmltex package.

Oliver.

--
Dr. Oliver Corff              e-mail:    corff@zedat.fu-berlin.de

* Re: HTML to Latex CONVERTER ********
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2007-10-15 14:46 ` Joel J. Adamson
From: Joel J. Adamson @ 2007-10-15 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

vasan999@hotmail.com writes:

> I am very depressed now with the following problem.

Have you tried awk?  Writing awk scripts is pretty simple and you
should be able to convert things (like paragraphs, etc) with simple functions.

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson
Biostatistician