all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Command inside shell finished -> notification
@ 2007-09-24 12:56 weber
From: weber @ 2007-09-24 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi!
I have already searched for this with no sucess.. so i'm giving here a
shot.
Is there a way for me to be notified when a command in a shell buffer
inside emacs is done?

The idea is to define some strings like "ERROR" and "FINISHED". When
they appear in a shell buffer, the user will be notified (by message
or something on modeline)

Any help greatly appreciated.
-weber

* Re: Command inside shell finished -> notification
@ 2007-09-26  5:39 ` Kevin Rodgers
From: Kevin Rodgers @ 2007-09-26  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

,----[ C-h v compilation-finish-functions RET ]
| compilation-finish-functions is a variable defined in
`progmodes/compile.el'.

`----

--
Kevin Rodgers