all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Roger Levy <sinoslav@gmail.com>
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Subject: Re: binding emacs key combination to external program?
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 12:52:33 -0000	[thread overview]

On Sep 11, 10:05 am, Joost Kremers <joostkrem...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Roger Levy wrote:
> > Many thanks -- I do use AUCTeX but wasn't aware you can customize it
> > this way.  Would the best way to be to edit the TeX-command-list
> > variable?
>
> yes, either directly or through M-x customize-variable RET TeX-command-list
> RET.

Thanks again.  My script is called latex2pdf and takes one argument,
the name of the .tex file.
I've tried to add it by using

  M-x customize-variable RET TeX-command-list RET

and adding the following at the top of TeX-command-list:

Name: latex2pdf
Command: latex2pdf %S &
Modes: Plain TeX, LaTeX

However, after saving this modification and setting it for the current
session, C-c C-c in LaTeX mode still doesn't trigger the latex2pdf
command.  Any thoughts on what I could be doing wrong?

Many thanks once more.

Roger