all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* mapping home key to top of buffer
@ 2003-03-08  4:46 michael
From: michael @ 2003-03-08  4:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was helping a friend with his key bindings but am having trouble with
mapping the home key to go to the top of the buffer.

the enviornment is cygwin. my key bindings show

kp-home	home

(global-set-key "kp-home" 'home)

doesn't work obviously, though. anyone know what to put?

thanks!
michael

* Re: mapping home key to top of buffer
@ 2003-03-08  9:18 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2003-03-08  9:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 20:46:27 -0800
> From: michael <michael@newdream.net>
>
> I was helping a friend with his key bindings but am having trouble with
> mapping the home key to go to the top of the buffer.
>
> the enviornment is cygwin. my key bindings show
>
> kp-home	home
>
> (global-set-key "kp-home" 'home)
>
> doesn't work obviously, though. anyone know what to put?

Try this instead:

  (define-key function-key-map [kp-home] [home])