all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* xcscope.el slow - linux kernel
@ 2007-09-08 13:03 Rafal Kurcz
From: Rafal Kurcz @ 2007-09-08 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello

When I use cscope outside of emacs with latest linux kernel it works
very quickly.
It finds "global definition:__free_pages_ok " and "functions calling a
function:__free_pages_ok " in less than 0.1 sec.

The above operations take about 2 sec when using xcscope.el.

1. Can I force xcscope.el to perform those operations in less than 0.1
sec ?
2. Where can I find the "fast" version of xcscope.el / cscope-
indexer ?
3. How should I generate cscope data files ?
  a. with cscope-indexer ?
  b. with "make cscope" directly from linux kernel ?
  c. with "cscope -b -k -q" ?

I work on Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz.

Thank You for help