all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* how to use "gud-def"
@ 2007-08-19 10:16 Rafal Kurcz
From: Rafal Kurcz @ 2007-08-19 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello
I found in "GUD Customization" section the description of "gud-def".
In fact I don't know where to place those definitions.

I tried to specify the example definition:
(gud-def gud-run "run" nil "Run the program.")

in ~/.emacs config file - it did not not work

I don't think I should add them directly to the:
/usr/share/emacs/21.4/lisp/gud.el

Where can I define them ?

Thank you for help

* Re: how to use "gud-def"
@ 2007-08-20  5:30 ` Nick Roberts
       [not found] ` <mailman.4983.1187588541.32220.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Nick Roberts @ 2007-08-20  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rafal Kurcz; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Rafal Kurcz writes:
 > Hello
 > I found in "GUD Customization" section the description of "gud-def".
 > In fact I don't know where to place those definitions.
 >
 > I tried to specify the example definition:
 > (gud-def gud-run "run" nil "Run the program.")
 >
 > in ~/.emacs config file - it did not not work

This is the right place for it.  What do you mean by "it did not not work"?
This definition (which looks like it's taken from Emacs 22.1 - why not just use
that version as it's current?) doesn't provide a keybinding.  With Emacs 21.4,
you need to do M-x gud-run.  With 22.1 there's a tool bar icon you can click on
or you can use the menu-bar.

* Re: how to use "gud-def"
@ 2007-08-20  5:42 ` Nick Roberts
       [not found] ` <mailman.4983.1187588541.32220.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Nick Roberts @ 2007-08-20  5:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rafal Kurcz; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

 > I found in "GUD Customization" section the description of "gud-def".
 > In fact I don't know where to place those definitions.
 >
 > I tried to specify the example definition:
 > (gud-def gud-run "run" nil "Run the program.")
 >
 > in ~/.emacs config file - it did not not work

On further reflection, perhaps you didn't do:

(add-hook 'gdb-mode-hook
	  '(lambda ()

@ 2007-08-20  7:08   ` Stefan Monnier
From: Stefan Monnier @ 2007-08-20  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> 	  '(lambda ()
         ^^^

Running for the Useless Use of Quote award?