all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* M-x Sort-Columns in scientific format
@ 2007-08-14 18:07 gokhalen
From: gokhalen @ 2007-08-14 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

If I have a file with two fields:

BB     2
AA     1
CC    3

And I do Mx sort-columns on the last column I get

AA     1
BB     2
CC    3

Which is good.  Now, if I change the numbers to scientific format:

BB   8.0E-5
AA   1.0E-4
CC   7.0E-5

I get the following, with Mx sort-columns

AA   1.0E-4
CC   7.0E-5
BB   8.0E-5

Which is not what should happen. Emacs is ignoring the exponent. Is
there a way to turn scientific number more on? How do I get Mx Sort-
Columns in scientific format?

I am using the windows version of emacs.

Thanks.