all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* For all ECB users
@ 2007-07-21 12:29 Rafal Kurcz
From: Rafal Kurcz @ 2007-07-21 12:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello ECB users.

Can ECB jump directly (without any aditional questions) to the
speed(int) function definition after locating the cursor on
car.speed(30).
If so, could you give me which ECB command is able to do that ?

class Car {
  void speed (void) {}
  void speed (int a) {}
}

main {
  Car car;
  car.speed(30);
}

Thank You for help.

* Re: For all ECB users
@ 2007-07-24 21:02 ` Nikolaj Schumacher
From: Nikolaj Schumacher @ 2007-07-24 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Rafal Kurcz <pawlaczus@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Can ECB jump directly (without any aditional questions) to the
> speed(int) function definition after locating the cursor on
> car.speed(30).

ECB doesn't provide such navigation, IIRC.  Semantic, which is the
backend for ECB, does only a little using the `senator-' functions.

Confer also http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs-en/JumpToDefinition

> If so, could you give me which ECB command is able to do that ?
>
> class Car {
>   void speed (void) {}
>   void speed (int a) {}
> }
>
> main {
>   Car car;
>   car.speed(30);
> }

This, however, it cannot do, as it would require analyzing the argument
list to find the correct overloaded function.  That has not yet been
implemented.

regards,
Nikolaj Schumacher

PS: Please use more descriptive subject lines.