all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* An AUCTeX question
@ 2007-07-18  9:59 nuki
From: nuki @ 2007-07-18  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello!
I use Emacs for writing LaTeX files and I've got a question about
folding.
Folding with AUCTeX is documented here:
http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex/Folding.html#Folding

Now the question: Is it possible to autofold all instances of a
certain
environment? So if I open a TeX file, emacs automatically folds all
environments of one type, for example every "\begin{align}..."? If
this is possible - how? :)
I'm really unexpierienced in writing .emacs-files or LISP.

Regards and thanks in advance,
Tim

* An AUCTeX question
@ 2007-07-18 11:41 nuki
From: nuki @ 2007-07-18 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello!
I use Emacs to write LaTeX files and i got a question about folding.
Folding with AUCTeX is docmented here:
http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex/Folding.html#Folding

Now the question: Is it possible to autofold a certain environment on
opening
the TeX-file? For example every environment beginning with
"\begin{align}..."
gets folded seperately.

Thanks in advice and regards,
Tim

* Re: An AUCTeX question
@ 2007-07-18 19:49 ` Ralf Angeli
From: Ralf Angeli @ 2007-07-18 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

* nuki (2007-07-18) writes:

> I use Emacs for writing LaTeX files and I've got a question about
> folding.
> Folding with AUCTeX is documented here:
> http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/auctex/Folding.html#Folding
>
> Now the question: Is it possible to autofold all instances of a
> certain environment? So if I open a TeX file, emacs automatically
> folds all environments of one type, for example every
> "\begin{align}..."?

Yes, this is possible.

> If this is possible - how? :)

It's described on the page you referenced above.

--
Ralf

* Re: An AUCTeX question
@ 2007-07-19 14:02   ` nuki
From: nuki @ 2007-07-19 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Oh my god.
I'm sorry for bothering you with that, it seems that i just read over
it :)