all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacsclient vss
@ 2007-06-15 11:17 Andy Chambers
From: Andy Chambers @ 2007-06-15 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

When I try to use emacsclient as the editor for Visual Source Safe,
emacs seems to be able to load the file then hang (even C-g doesn't
rescue it).  Is anyone out there still unfortunate enough to be using
VSS but smart enough to have found a solution to this?

I'm using NTEmacs (22.0.92.1) on Windows XP

Cheers,
Andy

* Re: emacsclient vss
@ 2007-06-15 12:16 ` weber
From: weber @ 2007-06-15 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 15 jun, 08:17, Andy Chambers <achambers.h...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I try to use emacsclient as the editor for Visual Source Safe,
> emacs seems to be able to load the file then hang (even C-g doesn't
> rescue it).  Is anyone out there still unfortunate enough to be using
> VSS but smart enough to have found a solution to this?
>
> I'm using NTEmacs (22.0.92.1) on Windows XP
>
> Cheers,
> Andy

I am not that unfortunate, but a suggestion I can give you is to try
this distro (http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/EmacsW32.html)... I've been
using it for many months now, even as firefox editor, mit keine
problem.