all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Permanent Semantic caching of "system" C/C++ header files
@ 2007-06-13  8:57 Nordlöw
From: Nordlöw @ 2007-06-13  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hey again, Emacs Powerusers!

Is it possible to make CEDET/Semantic somehow save the semantic.caches
of "system" C/C++ header files upon quitting and then restore them
upon startup?

I guess the problem may lie in the fact that Semantic normally stores
the semantic.cache in the same directory that the header is placed
which in this case fails because the system header paths are normally
not writable by a normal user.

Thanks in advance,

Nordlöw

* Re: Permanent Semantic caching of "system" C/C++ header files
@ 2007-06-13 10:05 ` Nordlöw
From: Nordlöw @ 2007-06-13 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I just discovered that semanticdb-system.el should save these caches
in ~/.semanticdb.

I have seen semantic parse some system header files during usage of
semantic but no ~/.semanticdb has been created for me yet.

Is this functionality optional? If so how do I enable it?

@ 2007-06-17 19:03   ` Hadron
From: Hadron @ 2007-06-17 19:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Nordlöw <per.nordlow@gmail.com> writes:

> I just discovered that semanticdb-system.el should save these caches
> in ~/.semanticdb.
>
> I have seen semantic parse some system header files during usage of
> semantic but no ~/.semanticdb has been created for me yet.
>
> Is this functionality optional? If so how do I enable it?
>
> /Nordlöw

I would advise joining the CEDET mailing list. Setting up Semantic is a
dark art.

Be sure to read the INSTALL in the CEDET directory.